Governance & Responsibility
The HMR Group’s core governance and responsibility philosophy are based upon three guiding principles: Social Corporate Responsibility, Employee Empowerment, and Sustainable Governance.
Each of these three pillars contributes to the realization of our visions for HMR as a proponent of the circular economy.
Social Corporate Responsibility
HMR’s Social Corporate Responsibility is a core management concept encompassing concerns of both HMR’s local communities and of broader society, helping to achieve a balance of economic, environmental, and social goals.
For us, Social Corporate Responsibility starts with simple acts of doing, but within a coherent framework of strategic social and environmental projects that are add value to relevant communities.
HMR’s shareholders recognize the importance of Social Corporate Responsibility practices such as charitable sponsorship, community programs, and philanthropy as a way of enhancing the good standing of our brand and conveying the values of trust and respect to consumers. HMR regularly engages in the following:
- Charitable giving.
- Volunteering in the community.
- Corporate policies that benefit the environment.
- Socially and environmentally conscious investments.
- Participating in Fairtrade.
For us, empowering our employees means both supporting their growth and development, but also ensuring they feel respected and appreciated whatever their role may be. As a group that spans multiple business fields and covers the entire reverse logistics value chain, this empowerment structure drives initiative and creativity.
- Best in class labor standards and working conditions.
- Constant review and improvement of labor policies.
- Promotion of employee – community relations.
- Social equality and gender balance.
- Career advancement and succession planning.
At the core of our Sustainable Governance practices lies a modern corporate structure that aims for effective decision making and efficiency in operations to reduce waste and redundancy. We have implemented Corporate Governance handbooks that regulate relations within the HMR group according to international best practices. Furthermore, the strategic direction of the businesses consciously supports and promotes decision-making and objectives such as:
- Circular value chain, maximizing the utility of stock while minimizing waste (giving assets a second life).
- Environmentally conscious management aiming to increase eco-efficiency and reduce emissions.
- Transparency and accountability in group decision making.
- Compliance, certification, and anti-corruption measures.
- Responsible sourcing and active engagement with suppliers.
Design A Healthy Way To Live, Work, Play.
Safety Culture, Makati